I’ve been eyeing this pattern and admiring the beautiful bodysuits being produced by my fellow sewists and I decided to finally give this pattern a try. I can’t remember the last time I wore a bodysuit. Let me say this right up front: I love this pattern.
My first version was going to be a muslin but fortunately it turned out to be very wearable. The fabric is a medium weight knit with four-way stretch from The Fabric Outlet in San Francisco.
I chose to make the higher neck front and scoop neck back.
After my first success I sewed another one using an amazing new-to-me fabric. I bought some double brushed poly spandex from Cali Fabrics. This fabric is wonderful to touch and work with. It is so soft and has great recovery. I immediately placed another order online. For this version I made the scoop front and high back. It is only after I saw the pictures that I realized my terrible pattern placement on this one. I couldn’t believe where that flower landed. Ugh!
My last one (for now) is a very narrow black/purple stripe from my stash. I made the high neck and back on this one. You can see that by making the high neck in the back as well as the front it brings the neckline inward, closer to the neck.
The directions were very good. I made a size 6 based on my measurements and I’m happy with the fit. The pattern offers an optional snap crotch. I don’t consider this optional and can’t imagine wearing a bodysuit without the snap crotch.
These are the first three bodysuits from this pattern and they won’t be the last.