I had this eyelet in my stash waiting for a fun summer top pattern to come along. Butterick 6562 caught my attention because it offered some interesting options. The top is described as being fitted. I didn’t think it looked fitted on the pattern envelope but I was pleased to find out that it was.
The shaped hemline is another detail that attracted me to this pattern. I lengthened the top by 1″ which is a common adjustment for me to make.
I repositioned the buttons because there was going to be gaping at my bust between two buttons. I also wanted to add a button right below the band. Without it I was fearful that the band would sag at the middle front. I have a ready-to-wear top that has a button right under a band like this and I’ve always liked the way it looks.
This was a fun top to sew and I’m glad I’ve added this top to my summer wardrobe. Now if it would only warm up on the Central Coast of California so I can wear it.